Provided by ReachBio
Human cord blood MNCs (mononuclear cells) are obtained from density centrifugation of cord blood cells collected from normal donors. Cord blood MNCs are functionally pre-qualified in the CFC (colony-forming) assay using ReachBio’s ColonyGEL™ methylcellulose-based media. The frequency of myeloid and erythroid progenitors, as well as a recommended plating concentration for the CFC assay, are provided for each batch of these REACHBIO QUALIFIED™ cells (see Certificate of Analysis).
Sample Collection and Processing
- Human cord blood MNCs are obtained from density centrifugation of CB cells collected from individual (single) normal donors.
- Umbilical cord blood (CB) is collected in a 250 mL collection bag containing citrate-phosphate-dextrose (CPD) anticoagulant (25 mL/bag).
- Maternal donors have been screened to be negative for HIV and HBsAg (see Certificate of Analysis).
- Cord blood is processed within 24-30 hours of collection.
Pre-Qualified for CFC Assays
These CB MNCs are REACHBIO QUALIFIED™.
They have been functionally pre-qualified in a colony-forming cell (CFC) assay using ReachBio’s ColonyGEL™ 1102 Human Complete Methylcellulose-Based Medium. The frequency of myeloid and erythroid progenitors, and a recommended plating concentration for the CFC assay, are provided for each batch of REACHBIO QUALIFIED™ cells (see Certificate of Analysis).
Stability and Storage
- Mononuclear cells are cryopreserved in CryoStor® CS5, a serum-free freezing medium.
- Cells are stable for long-term storage at -152°C or in the gaseous phase of liquid nitrogen.
- Storage at -80°C is not recommended. Once thawed, the cells must be used immediately and have a finite life span in culture.
FOR IN VITRO RESEARCH USE ONLY.
NOT TO BE USED FOR HUMAN OR VETERINARY USE IN VIVO.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY DIAGNOSTIC, THERAPEUTIC OR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS WHATSOEVER.
DOWNLOAD THE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
ABOUT OUR HUMAN PRIMARY CELLS
Our Scientists Are Primary Cell Experts
ReachBio Research Labs’ scientists use human primary cells every day in our contract services lab for high value projects for clients in the pharma and biotechnology industries. Their extensive experience in handling and using human primary cells is used in the production of our human cell products, resulting in high quality cells that you can rely on for your own important experiments. We use Cryostor CS5 serum-free cryopreservation medium to ensure high post-thaw viability and overfill each vial to ensure you always get at least the number of cells we advertise on the vial when they are thawed correctly.
Ethics and Safety
All our primary human cell materials are obtained within the USA after approved consent from healthy donors under IRB-approved protocols and all donors have been screened and found to be negative for a panel of infectious agents, including HIV, HBV and HCV. For further details, please see our Human Primary Cells Ethical Statement and our Pathogen Testing Information page.