Human Peripheral Blood CD56+ NK (V158+) Cells
Cryopreserved CD56+ natural killer (NK) cells (V158+) have been isolated from healthy donors expressing FcγR111a (with the valine isoform at position 158 of CD16). * These specifically sourced and selected NK Cells have displayed greater functional NK cell activity (vs normal population) within the in vitro AntibodyDependent Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity (ADCC) assay. ADCC is considered to be an important mechanism by which antibodies kill targeted tumor cells.
Negatively selected CD56+ NK (V158+) cells are enriched from human peripheral blood (PB) mononuclear cells (MNCs) using an immunomagnetic cell separation method that involves an antibody cocktail that targets and depletes non-CD56+ cells.
Optimized for ADCC Assay
One of the important mechanisms by which antibodies kill targeted tumor cells is through a process called Antibody-Dependent Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity (ADCC). One of the active Primary Cells in the ADCC assay is a Natural Killer (NK) cell. It was noticed that Rituximab (a mab targeting CD20), when used in clinical trials, had different outcomes and some of the findings were believed to be related to the numbers and functional activity of the patients NK cell population. *It has been demonstrated that Primary NK (V158+) cells derived from normal donors with various polymorphisms (the presence of valine at position 158 of CD16) rendered the cells more active when used in an in vitro ADCC assay. At ReachBio Research Labs, we have sourced, enriched and tested Primary NK (V158+) cells from normal donors to facilitate your antibody research through ADCC assays. *Hatjiharissi E, Xu L, Santos DD et al, Increased natural killer cell expression of CD16, augmented binding and ADCC activity to rituximab among individuals expressing FcγR111a-158. Blood 110 (7):2561-2563.
Sample Collection and Processing
- Peripheral blood cells are collected from normal human volunteers via leukapheresis (COBE® Spectra MNC collection protocol or equivalent). The mononuclear cell-rich leukocyte layer (leukapheresis product) is continually aspirated by a low flow rate collection pump directly into a collection bag. Immunomagnetic cell enrichment of CD56+ cells is performed within 30 hours of collection.
- Donors have been screened and found to be negative for a standard panel of infectious agents that at minimum includes HIV, HBV and HCV. Depending on the specific lot, other infectious agents may also have been tested for (Certificate of Analysis includes lot-specific testing information).
Purity of CD56+ NK (v158+) Cells is >90% as measured by flow cytometric analysis.
Stability and Storage
- Peripheral blood CD56+ NK (V158+) Cells are cryopreserved in CryoStor® CS5, a serum-free freezing medium.
- Cells are stable for long-term storage at -152oC or in the gaseous phase of liquid nitrogen.
- Storage at -80oC is not recommended. Once thawed, the cells must be used immediately and have a finite life span in culture.
FOR IN VITRO RESEARCH USE ONLY.
NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR VETERINARY USE IN VIVO.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY DIAGNOSTIC, THERAPEUTIC OR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS WHATSOEVER.
DOWNLOAD THE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.