Antibody-based drugs are a very successful class of biotherapeutics. The field is continuously being propelled forward by the identification of new potential disease-associated targets as well as new technologies for antibody engineering. In addition to genetically engineered monoclonal antibodies (human, humanized or chimeric), antibody-based therapeutics now include bi-specific antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our assay services include:
- Evaluation of antibody/bi-specific antibodies binding to primary cell targets
- Evaluation of the ability of new immunotherapies to recruit T cells and kill cancer cells
- Evaluation of hematotoxicity (thrombocytopenia, neutropenia and anemia) in response to antibodies
- Comparison of antibody effects on normal bone marrow and NHP bone marrow
- Evaluation of antibody/bi-specific antibodies on primary cancer stem cells (leukemic)
- Evaluation of antibody/bi-specific antibodies to induce a cytokine storm
Due to the large size of these molecules, we’ve developed a new two-phase culture system, whereby the cells are incubated with the biologics in a liquid medium (to facilitate binding), prior to transfer to the semi-solid matrix. We have helped many clients evaluate their antibody-based therapeutic candidates for both functionality and potential toxicity.
1. T. Hansel et. al., Nature Reviews Drug Discovery. 2010 (Apr), 9: 325-338.